Señora Benner – Español 3
email@example.com (This is how we contact each other)
Homework will be given and collected on a regular basis. It should be neatly written (if I can't read it I can't grade it) in BLUE or BLACK ink or PENCIL if it is not an assignment that will be done on the Chromebook. Nothing else will be accepted. ** IF HOMEWORK IS NOT TURNED IN ON THE DAY IT IS DUE, A “O” GRADE WILL BE RECORDED IN THE GRADE BOOK. You will not a get a grade for every assignment you do. Don't try to second guess me. Do all the assignments I give. BE PREPARED!
Make-up work is YOUR responsibility. If you are absent, you must check Canvas to see what you are missing. I will email you instructions, as well. (Your rensselaerschools.org address) It is YOUR responsibility to check your school email when you are absent to get those assignments. Some assignments may have worksheets that are needed to be completed. Sometimes I can attach those sheets and sometimes they will be in the folders on the assignment board. **Tests and quizzes can be made up during Flex Period, before and after school. It is YOUR responsibility to arrange this with me.
GRADING SCALE The following grade scale will be used.
100 A+ 73-77 C Tests – 100 pts.
93-99 A 70-72 C- Quizzes – Around 50 pts.
90-92 A- 68-69 D+ Homework, oral presentations, writing assignments
speaking activities, etc. - varies
88-89 B+ 63-67 D
83-87 B 60-62 D- Grade Weights
80-82 B- 59 and below F Tests – 50%
78-79 C+ Quizzes – 30%
Homework, oral presentations, writing assignments
speaking activities, etc. - 20%
**Projects may be counted as a test, homework or quiz at the discretion of Sra. Benner
*Very Important* - Where to check for grades
Even though Canvas has a grade book program, Powerschool is the ultimate authority on grades. Any assignment created and graded in Canvas will appear in the Canvas grade book and Powerschool. Also, any assignment/grade that is manually put into Canvas will appear in Canvas and Powerschool. HOWEVER, if an assignment is only put into Powerschool, it WILL NOT show up in Canvas. Therefore, you may have two different grades. ALWAYS check Powerschool. That will be your true grade in my class.
Spanish 3 students will receive a file folder in which all tests and quizzes will be kept. I will keep this in the room. Students may look at it at any time, but cannot take it out of the room.
You will need to bring to class, EVERY DAY, your book, 3 ring binder, paper, pen or pencil and a charged Chromebook. Make sure to carry your charger with you.
Headphones - for directed listening exercises ONLY! Do not attempt to listen to music, play games or watch a t.v. show or movie during class!
Spanish 3 will have writing/culture notebooks that need to be brought to class every day. Sra. Benner will provide the notebooks. One section of the notebook is for interpersonal writing and the other for culture information and notes.
* Interpersonal Writing - Three different colors of notebooks will be distributed to the class. Each week one color will be collected and graded. At the end of the nine weeks, each student will have submitted three writings. The idea is to practice writing using feedback from the previous entries to improve your writing skills.
*Culture - In this section you will keep notes taken on the Spanish speaking country or area we are studying. It will also include maps and handouts for you to fill out on the area being studied. Anything culture related will be kept in this section of your notebook.
CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR RULES
- No purses or backpacks are allowed in the room!
- No cell phone use during class, unless asked to do so. This includes texting!! If I see your phone, it is mine. Your parents can pick it up in the office at the end of the day.
- You will be in the room when the bell rings, NOT running through the door or you will be counted tardy.
- No food or drinks, other than water in a clear container, will be allowed in the room unless cleared by me first.
- If there is a substitute teacher in the room and a note is left for me stating that you have been disruptive, etc., upon my return you will receive a detention.
- Headphones are ONLY for listening to activities in class. NO ONE will wear headphones, or anything like them during class.
* Technology requirements for this class are under the Technology Expectations tab
EL CLUB DESAYUNO
Extra help will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Don’t be shy!!
REMEMBER THAT I AM HERE TO HELP YOU LEARN. IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF THE MATERIAL, PLEASE ASK FOR HELP!